“Tri-berry Muffin Recipe”
This tri-berry muffin recipe is moist and delicious and taste like a “Berry Explosion” in your mouth! Low calorie and low fat muffins.
- 2 large, or two small, non-stick muffin pans
- Electric Mixer (hand mixing will work also)
- Cooking spray.
- Microplane Grater
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Yield: 12 Large/18 Small Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature (or if cold place in microwave for 15 seconds)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (leave berries in freezer until ready to add to batter)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg – best if you have whole nutmeg (NOTE: Nutmeg is a seed not a Nut!)
“Tri-berry Muffin Recipe – A Berry Explosion in your Mouth!”
Tri-berry Muffin Recipe Directions:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In bowl, mix butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar & beat for about 1 minute. Mixture will look a bit crumbly. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Scrap sides of bowl.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Fold in half of flour, oats, and half the mild into the batter. Repeat.
- Measure out frozen berries, add a table spoon of flour shaking to cover berries. If using fresh berries no flour is needed.
- Fold in berries.
- Generously spray muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Spoon battery equally into muffin pans and sprinkle each muffin with topping.
- Bake 15-25 minutes, depending on muffing pan size, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let rest 2-3 minutes, and remove from pan onto wire rack to cool. TIP: use a small spatula or non-scratching knife to loosen up the edges of muffins from pan, put wire rack upside down over muffin pan, turn pan & rack over and muffins should fall out.
For other delicious recipes see Simple Cooking Recipes!