“Award Winning chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”
The best award winning chocolate chip cookie recipe starts with organic ingredients. These cookies are big and delicious. What could be better than easy homemade chocolate chip cookies. These delicate masterpieces are also really moist chocolate chip cookies.
This award winning chocolate chip cookie recipe is best if made with organic ingredients. No matter if you use organic ingredients or not, make sure all your ingredients are very fresh. If any of the ingredients are more than a year old throw them out and go buy new & fresh ingredients.
Award Winning chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups softened (room temperature) Organic un-salted butter
- 1-1/2 cups granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs (if possible farm fresh is best!!)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons real Organic Vanilla (don’t use imitation vanilla!!!)
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed Organic Lemon Juice
- 3 cups Organic All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Organic Rolled Oats (don’t use quick oats!)
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt (if using salted butter cut this to 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Organic fresh grated Nutmeg (buy whole nuts and grate yourself)
- 3 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (other chips will work, but not as flavorful)
- 1-1/2 cups rough chopped Organic Walnuts
- Parchment Paper for lining each cookie sheet (a must!!!!)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line baking sheets (I use two of them) with parchment paper. Bake cookies one baking sheet at a time.
Place the softened butter in a large bowl and cream lightly with an electric mixer.
Add the sugars and beat on medium speed for about two minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well (about 20-30 seconds) after each addition. After last egg is added beat on high speed for two minute.
Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat well, about 30 seconds.
In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with fork.
Add these dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture and stir well by hand to blend.
Add the oatmeal and stir by hand until well combined.
Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir by hand to combine.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup drop the batter on the parchment-lined cookie sheet leaving 2-3 inches between each cookie. On a standard size cookie sheet you should only be able to cook six cookies at a time. That’s right, only six so don’t try to fit more on a sheet!!!
Bake 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. The middle of the cookies should appear to be uncooked or whitish. DON’T over cook!!! This is where most people go wrong as they cook them to much.
While these cookies are cooking get your second tray ready with parchment paper and cookie dough.
Immediately remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. The cookies will still continue cooking while cooling.
Wait about 10 minutes to allow the first pan to cool down before loading it up again with 1/4 cup cookies on the same parchment paper (no need to replace it). Repeat this process until all the dough is cooked.
I love taking a couple of these award winning chocolate cookie recipe cookies out on the deck with a glass of cold milk to sit and listen to all the birds. We have about eighteen feeders, a couple of birdbaths, and a fountain so the bird activity is incredible. The number one feeder for our birds is the Squirrel Buster Plus.
Enjoy this award winning chocolate chip cookie recipe!